Friday, February 11, 2011

The Life of an Addict

I've come to the realization that I might be an addict.

As soon as I wake up in the morning, I've got to get my fix.  If I don't, my head hurts, I can barely get out of bed, and I pity anyone who crosses my path.

I am addicted... to coffee.

As part of Kathy Freston's 21-Day Quantum Wellness Cleanse, I know that at some point I will be asked to give up caffeine.  Since I'm only in the "write down what you eat" phase, I am still pretty much able to do whatever I want, I just have to 'fess up to it in writing.  So, after logging my food for the day I realize that I must be going on a bit of a caffeine bender.

Don't get me wrong, I realize there are much worse things I could be addicted to, but the very idea of a substance, no matter how benign, being "in charge" of me really kind of irks me.  As a self-professed control freak, I'm not really interested in anyone or anything being the boss of me!

So, I know it's coming...  I'm somewhat in denial and probably making things a lot worse for myself by completely going over the top with caffeine right now, but I guess it's all just part of the process.  I'm seriously wondering about my ability to give up caffeine...  and as I sit here and write this blog, I'll give you one guess what I'm drinking.  :)

Food log for Thursday, Feb 10:
5:00 am:  Coffee with half & half and sugar
5:30 am:  Coffee with half & half and sugar
6:00 am:  Bowl of cereal with almond milk
8:00 am:  Sugar free Carnation instant breakfast with almond milk
10:00 am:  Coffee with half & half and sugar
11:30 am:  Penne pasta with artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes
2:00 pm:  Two small pieces of chocolate (maybe 2 oz all together?)
7:00 pm:  Leftover dinner from last night (cowboy casserole) and a slice of honey oat bread

One more day of the food log till I hit Day 1 of the cleanse...

No comments:

Post a Comment